LANGUAGE ARTS 2016-17 SUPPLY LIST
- 1, 1-inch binder: Students will keep all Language Arts papers in this binder. They are to KEEP all returned papers in the appropriate sections as labeled on the tab dividers. (Click here for the Binder Organization guidelines)
- 1 pack of index dividers for 3-ring binder: Tabs should be labeled (top to bottom) Sentence Patterns, Independent Reading, Class Reading, Miscellaneous
- 1, 2-pocket folder for binder: This will be placed after the tab dividers so that students can keep papers that will need to be filed later.
- 1 composition notebook: The composition notebook will be divided into two sections. The first section will be used on a weekly basis for the Reader Response Journal as part of Independent Reading. The second section will be used for taking notes about grammar and writing and miscellaneous writing assignments.
- Post-It Notes—1 pack of 3x3 and 3-4 packs of flags: Students will use the flags to mark possible vocab words, important quotes, or other areas of importance in both their Independent Reading as well as Class Reading novels.
- 1 pack college-ruled loose-leaf paper: The loose-leaf paper will be kept in the Language Arts classroom to ensure that students will have paper when needed without having to return to lockers or borrow from another student.
- Extra Folder: If students would like, they may have an extra folder to turn in Book Talk papers. Using a folder for the activities and other papers does help them stay more organized.
- Novels for class: For the 2016-17 school year, we will be reading several novels in 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Language Arts classes; the school owns class sets of some of the novels, but you will need to purchase the others for your student(s). (See the button above, 2016-17 Order Form--only the first page )