"I'm finished with my work. What can I do now?"
Well, there are several activities you could choose. Please work on any of the following on which you know you need to work.
- Do you have any MISSING WORK for Language Arts that you need to make up? Check STI to make sure; ask Mrs. Rubach.
- Study any of the LISTS (found in Sentence Patterns)--prepositions, helping verbs, and linking verbs
- Do you have a No Red Ink assignment?
- Do you have an unfinished assignment in Google Classroom?
- Go to What are you reading? and post a comment about what you are reading or comment on someone else's post.
- Work on your Someday List (Amazon or Goodreads).
- Print out Sentences to PRACTICE LABELING older sentence pattern sentences (found in Sentence Patterns)
- Work on a TYPING PROGRAM (Typing Test or Free Typing Games)
- READ for Independent Reading
- Work on a BOOK TALK (all guidelines and available templates can be found in IR Activity Choice Board); don't forget that each class has a page for Independent Reading with even more printouts available.
- Play some online Language Arts games:
- Try your hand at some online magnetic poetry at Word Mover.
- Review the Types of Text.
- Answer some grammar, spelling, and correct usage questions at Free Rice. For every question you answer correctly, rice is donated to the World Food Programme to help fight world hunger.
- Play Grammar Ninja!
- Try your hand at some of the games on Sporacle. Click on "Categories" on the menu bar and choose Literature or Language. On either of those pages, choose a subcategory about which you think you would be able to answer questions. When you've tried several of those, try your hand at some of the other categories. This really is a fun yet challenging site. :)